Sunday, May 18, 2014

♡ History & Green Tea ♡

Hi LoveBunnies!!~ 

Sorry I've been so negligent of my blog!! I know I haven't posted in a while, but I promise I've got some things planned and I haven't forgotten you all (in fact, I'm always thinking of you ;3). I've been really busy keeping up with my studies and learning all about the Civil Service Examinations in Imperial China ;]

Lupicia's "Paradise Green" - Smells like sweet floral heaven
for those of you who don't like bitter tastes
Recently it's gotten quite warm and I've been chugging so much green tea recently!! Green tea originates from China has been used for a wide variety of purposes for over 4,000 years now. Here are just a few benefits of drinking green tea:


Speeds up metabolism - Keeps weight in check. 
Reduces levels of bad cholesterol. 
Antioxidant filled - Helps keep skin youthful & vibrant.
Reduces blood pressure. 
Anti-bacterial - Good for when you're feeling sick. 

There are definitely so many more benefits, and I just can't list them all!! Green tea is known for being a good moisturizer for hot weather (so you can keep some in a travel-sized spray bottle and spritz it on yourself throughout the day) and can be applied topically for rejuvenation of skin. 

I really love the tea in its most natural form and buy the unsweetened tea leaves. If you don't like the somewhat bitter taste, there are sweetened versions as well as other variations of green-tea & other-tea-leaf mixes that you can purchase (genmaicha [玄米茶] or caomicha [糙米茶] is one of my favorites - brown rice x green tea). Different brands also have different green tea tastes. But don't get tricked into getting the green tea flavored drink mixes that are filled with sugar and other unhealthy things! 

It's a great way to start your day and a great companion with your meals. Have it hot or cold, however you prefer :3 


Love, Cindy ⭐︎☽

6 comments:

  1. So interesting post dear! I'm such a big lover of green tea! <33

    ❤ ✿ NEW POST ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rinako dear, I am too!!! Glad we both love it <3

      Delete
  2. Love this post~ so diary-like!!! so different!! <3 Hope you find the motivation to come out of ur rut babe, i know i was stuck in it for the longest time too!! :) Add oil!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bunnie!!!~ Yes I'll be out of it soon :D I just wish the camera would come already >////<

      Delete
  3. OMG Imperial China history and tea!!! I'm not a big fan of tea yet but by all the benefits it has I think I need to start drinking more tea. ^^ Needing some of those metabolism, anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial. :3 The Lupicia's "Paradise Green" sounds nice with the sweet floral scent. Oooh, Is there one that taste fruity?? I just wish I own one of those ancient teacups that you see in the ancient films. haha :D I'm currently watching Perfect Couple and it's super cute romedy!! Hopelessly stuck in the past. ^O^

    <3 from Chuonie
    chuonie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes the paradise green tea is so fragrant and sweet!!! There are many fruit teas that are really sweet that you may like!! :D And OMG I KNOW THOSE TEA CUPS!! Heheheh I think I will watch that when I have time, is it an ancient film?? XOXO

      Delete

✿ My Dearest ChocoBons ✿

How I love to hear from you!! Please leave me a comment with your thoughts on this post :3 and remember to leave a link to your blog so I can visit you too! ♡